Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dusting Off Old Projects



Growing up, my dad had all these clever little idioms that were impressed upon me through out my childhood (and well into adulthood). Sayings like, "pay the price"and "finish what you start". Well, after IMC and Greg Manchess' lecture on "There is NO talent gene", I've recommitted myself to finish what I started, no matter what. Here is a painting I started...well, I can't remember when I started it. It's amazing how OFF I was on this. Measurements are completely wrong. Even now, I can tell I've got to fix the bow and the forehead, the jaw....BUT, I will PAY THE PRICE and work until this is correct and I've learned something from it. There are plenty more in the pile and it will take awhile but I'm committed to this "Deep Practice" (Hear that, Mr. Manchess).

No comments: