Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SAD Book Fanart

Finished reading this great book, The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett. Quite intrigued with the characters and where he will take the story in the next volume, The Desert Spear, due out next April. My Sketch A Day (which I hope to finish this week) is of the man character, Arlen.
This is what the author said about him in an interview: With Arlen, I wanted to write about a hero who had to really earn his special abilities. I was tired of heroes who were born to privilege and power, or who were given some magical trinket that made them special. I wanted to tell the story of a normal person who had to suffer and knowingly give up everything that made him human in order to survive.

3 comments:

Peter V. Brett said...

There are days when google alerts is the best invention ever, because it points me to things like this.

That sketch is awesome! I can't wait to see the final piece.

So glad to know you liked the book! Thanks for the kind words.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Ah...Wow! Thanks, Mr. Brett.

Anonymous said...

The sketch is wonderful!!! I love the detail and feeel of the piece. Really, I think it must fit the book and I think it is awesome too! Now I have to read the book.