Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon Fun

Ever since Lord of the Rings, I've been a sucker for midnight shows with family and friends. I actually stood in line for 8 hours in sub-zero temperatures (with elf ears) for The Two Towers. Thankfully, we now have the newly inspired reserved seating which frees one from standing around all day (and night) staking one's territory. There's something about attending a film with fellow fans. The energy is palpable and it's just plain fun.

So of course, I had to go with my daughters (in-law too) when New Moon premiered this week. We actually attended a "Fur Party" since my oldest daughter is a confirmed Jacob fan since reading the books. I don't know what it is about these books. I discovered them long before all the hoopla. They take me back to my teenage years when longing and love were all consuming and not necessarily reasonable nor healthy. Sometimes you connect with a book and you don't really know why. You just do. (I must state here that I was disappointed with the final installment, Breaking Dawn. Ended just too happy).

I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie. And Rob Pattinson just doesn't fit my idea of Edward, but then again, who does? But New Moon was a faithful, angst-driven rendition of the book and I came away satisfied. Made some wonderful memories with family and friends too. We usually make t-shirts for our Twilight events but ran out of time. This was one of my ideas for Team Jacob. Yeah...a little swooning at my age keeps the heart pumping.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like a fun time! It's been too long since I've done a movie premiere event. They are fun! I'm glad to hear that this one was better done. Can't wait to see it!

tlchang said...

You crack me up Kim. I'm also very glad to hear this one is better than the former. Will not see it in the near future however (I didn't see Twilight until it came out on DVD). *Someday* I will not be working every minute...

Krista said...

Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really loved it, too, but there were just a few minor things the bugged me.... LOL! Overall though I love a good love story :) I really enjoyed these books, too, when I read them at the beginning of this year. I was also a little disappointed in the ending...


Did you read The Host by Myer? I really loved that story! Even more than Twilight....

Fun post and I'm glad you enjoyed it with your family and friends! I went with my girl friends, too, so much fun! :)