Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

One book I am excited for is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I thoroughly enjoyed Lament; The Faerie Queen's Deception. It's sequel, Ballad, will be out this October. But Shiver is about a girl and a boy who has a little problem with turning into a wolf. Might sound like she borrowed from Stephenie Meyer, but believe me, Maggie has a very unique voice and I'm sure she has made this story her own.
The book comes out in August and she has made her own video with her own music. This young woman is a mother, musician, artist and yeah, an author too. Not fair but there you have it. Watch her video and see what you think.

1 comment:

bevany said...

Believe it or not, I'm already on the waiting list at the library for Shiver. I have to say though when I hear about a boy turning into a wolf I think TeenWolf more than I do of Jacob. Sad, I know.