After finishing the sketch on illustration board, I toned the board with a neutral acrylic wash. Next I put a layer of matte medium and proceeded with oil.
My daughter was very specific about the colors. It's supposed to match a quilt we made her little girl. The yellow is a true spectral hue but the blue is half way between weird blue green. Took me awhile to mix the exact shade. I couldn't get the tutu to look right so I changed her outfit (plus it was too much pink).
My camera was misbehaving so it's not exactly true to the real colors...a bit too bright. I will scan it when it's completely dry.
UPDATE: Here's the final scan. Big difference in color.