Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mentorship Continues- Autumn

Trying to catch up on blogging. I related that I've started an online mentorship with Rebecca Guay. I meet with her, along with two other students via Skype once a week for 2-2 1/2 hours. We've had assignments each month but we also try to sneak in personal projects that have been sitting around either in our studios or our heads, gathering dust (and cat hair, in my case). Here is one I have posted on before. And here is the typical process one of my amateur sketches goes through under Rebecca's  professional hand.

There are other aspects to this painting that have emerged for me since it's conception. It has taken on very personal expression that Rebecca will help me convey. But for now...here is where it started and where it's going.

No comments: