Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IMC Report

Well obviously I didn't get very far with my documentation of IMC. I managed to make it to day 3 and then dropped off. You simply get so carried away with the instruction and networking and socializing, as well as painting that there's not a drop of energy left to do anything else but drag your tired carcass back to the dorms and grab a few hours of sleep before the next day. I will attempt to relay all that was IMC this week. I'm still recovering and adjusting to regular life. For now I will post the drawing I did for the interior of Rebecca Guay's sketchbook as a thank you for all her efforts in creating and producing this wonderful week of instruction. The students gave each of the faculty a personalized moleskin/sketchbook and then Tara Chang who organized the gifts, asked certain students to draw a picture on the front page. I was both honored and intimidated to do Rebecca's. She seemed to be happy with it. This is her daughter.

5 comments:

Diana Stein said...

AH! Is that what it looked like!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

That's a really beautiful drawing, such a lovely pose and composition... I think its a lovely idea to give personalised sketchbooks as a thankyou! Sounds like you've had an intense week but a fulfilling one I'm sure...
Carrie... :)

April said...

That's a gorgeous drawing!

annette hassell said...

Beautiful drawing, Kim!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you ladies. I think I was more nervous about this than I was my assignment.