Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Season Maidens



One of the goals I have this year is to prepare a plan to become a legitimate illustrator...someone that an art director would consider hiring. I know I have to work very hard to get there. Quarterly postcards are one means of contacting AD's, so I thought I would do a series of Season Maidens....sort of an earth goddess theme. I have always been a fan of Alphonse Mucha and thought I would attempt a similar design approach. Fortunately, I have four daughters who are willing victims to model for each season. Here is the first I will try to do. This is Audrey, my third daughter and she is the Goddess of Fall. Would you believe she is blonde under that wig?! I will have the thumbnails up later.

2 comments:

Kevin Wasden said...

You're lucky to have access to such great models!

:-)

K

Jennie Chan Moscatelli said...

I can't wait to see your maiden drawings!! I'm sure they'll be beautiful.