Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Fadeth Not Away"


Been internalizing this whole concept of the fall painting. I wanted to go deeper with this one. More personal. This is about how I feel at this point in my life. Also wanted to explore the flat pattern and texture juxtaposed with more rendered flesh. This is rough. Trying to place shape and value more abstractly. The palette is feeling right for the moment. I'll see what Rebecca says.

Next Tuesday is my last day with this mentorship. I have so enjoyed it and have gleaned so much from both Rebecca's expertise and her push to explore new directions with my art. I will truly miss it as well as the weekly contact with the other students. I'll post the last assignment next week after the critique.




7 comments:

Linda Lawler said...

What a wonderful piece. So full of emotion. I love the style and romaticism (hope that is spelled correctly). It draws me in.
Linda

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

I love the muted yet rich colours and the composition... I especially love the pose of the lady with her bowed head, I'll look forward to watching the progression of this one... :)

Sophie Moss said...

I absolutely LOVE this painting. It's so beautiful and emotional and magical. I don't know what the woman is going through, but I want to help her out of that cold, snowy forest. I wonder what her story is?

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Ah, ladies. You have made my day. Thank you for the positive feedback. It means a great deal.

Tammie Lee said...

not only is this wonderful to look at, there is a depth of feeling that is wonderful. And yes a tangible feeling of the season.

Drew Baker said...

That's really great, Kim.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

*Linda- Thank you. Hope you are settling in at your studio.
**Sophie - again, I appreciate your insightful comment.
***Tammy - It thrills me that you have connected to this on an emotional level. Thank you.
**** Hey Drew! How are you? Thanks for stopping by.