Thursday, December 1, 2011

Assignment for November

I am woefully behind on blogging. This mentorship has been keeping me very busy. And attending the workshop put me behind (no regrets and if you follow that link, Tara has given a great overview). I've been doing this online class for two months now. The assignment for November was from a guest professional,  Rubin Pfeffer. He asked us to produce a rough 32 page book dummy of a story written by Ann Whitford Paul and then develop one of the full page spreads as a sample. The story is titled, "In Animal CIty". I can't disclose any of  it since it's copyrighted but I can show you some of the roughs and my final color study for the sample page

.







4 comments:

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

This is great! I've been working on dummy books lately too so its particularly interesting to me! I love the kangeroo skidded to a halt...
Also just to let you know that I've passed on a Liebster Blog Award to you if you felt like taking part... I've posted it here: http://wordhoards.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-award-and-fantastic-adventures-of.html

Carrie ... :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, this is so wonderful! Your animals are so alive--I feel like they could leap (or slide or tumble) right off the page!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Carrie, Thank you so much for the recognition. I hope I do this correctly. Appreciate the kudos.

Kim, thank you for your encouraging words.

Vicki said...

These are splendid, Kim. The color one in particular has so much energy and is absolutely clear as to what is going on, even with all the different figures. I didn't know you did anthropomorphic animals--I don't. Though YOU make them quite elegant.