Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Random Visual Treasure

Woman in the Wilderness
Alphonse Mucha
While working on these deadlines, I'm going to post a random picture I have in my inspirational treasure file. I gather these to simply gaze at, learn from, aspire to. I've responded to them for one reason or another. . . enough to want to have access to them on my computer. So here goes...first up...Woman in the Wilderness by Alphonse Mucha (yes, THAT Mucha).
Look at the bleakness, the despair...the acceptance of eminent death. You have to really look for the wolves but there they are on the left...in no hurry. They know they have her. Wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. There's a story in that picture.

Do you mind if I steal this idea, Kim, and do the same thing on my website (passages from books that inspire me), and link to you?

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Hi Kim! Oooo...that's a wonderful idea. Go for it. I need to catch up on your book reviews. Mona and Wally have been here so I'm behind.

Now you have me thinking about certain passages....

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

This is a stunning image in every way, I had no idea Mucha did this kind of work...
I've been really enjoying your treasure trove images and your WIP's, good to catch up...!
Carrie...