Saturday, May 1, 2010

Autumn - Oil WIP

This is a very blurry photo, but it does show I've made some progress on the oil. I decided to go with a more muted palette instead of the beautiful, yet fairly typical hues. Really grayed down all the colors by adding it's complement.
I also felt that the texture of the bodice inlay was too busy and competed with the shawl. So I painted it out, exposing the collarbone and chest. I have much to do and am not too sure what to do with the moon. I'm ignoring it right now. Moon? What moon?

7 comments:

Travveller said...

Beautiful! I lov the movement that's echoes in the hair, the shawl, and the leaf. And the moon is fine - it makes a nice negative space that let's us appreciate the shapes of the limbs.

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

Lovely colours, I think they work really well especially with her dark hair and the berries...
I love her face and wistful posture...
Thanks for showing it as WIP, looking forward to seeing it progress!
:)

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you for commenting. Very nice of you both.

Ben Hatke said...

Oh, this is beautiful! It's turning out amazingly well! I really like the tiny triangle patches of moon just under her armpits.

Tammie Lee said...

She is gorgeous and i love the colors you are choosing. The feeling of this painting is quite wonderful.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Ben and Tammie.

Kim said...

Wow! Your painting is beautiful, WIP or finished. There is such an ethereal, otherworldly feeling about it, I am not sure if it is here of in Faerie, now, or Sometime. This is a knockout! I have no ability to paint people, I am in such awe of those who can, and I know it is both talent and technique, that is to say, hard work and practice. Your work, not just this piece, is really lovely!