Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Things I'm Looking Forward To

Before leaving more personal items behind, here are a few things I'm looking forward to this next year. They're in no particular order.
1. IMC 2010 Not only am I looking forward to the awesome "regulars", I can't wait to meet and learn from James Gurney. Ever since I was a child I've had a thing for dinosaurs. I even tried with all my might and magical powers to hatch a triceratops from a chicken egg . Years later, when I happened upon Gurney's Dinotopia, it was as if he had created my childhood heaven. This will hopefully combine with another greatly anticipated adventure...


3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Movie #6 did not come up to expectations so I hope this first installment of the concluding book will measure up.

4. The Final Season of Lost :It is the only TV show I have faithfully watched and hopefully, it will satisfy.
5. Some greatly anticipated books:
Rumored to be titled, The Victors, this series by Suzanne Collins has me completely invested. I'm so worried for Peeta!!!The sequel to The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Please, Pat...please surprise us with this book for 2010. Fingers are crossed. Toes too.The Desert Spear by Peter Brett. Discovered this gem just last month. Unique, compelling story and characters. I've given up on trying to win an ARC so I'll just have to wait until April.
Megan Whalen Turner's 4th in the Queen's Thief series. I have such a character crush on Eugenides.

There are many more, but these are at the top of my list. That's all for now. My eyes hurt from watching AVATAR in 3D. I will say goodnight and go dream of flying around on the back of my chartreuse ikran.

No comments: