Friday, May 16, 2008

Fireflies and Free-Falling Feegles



I added another layer to Fireflies and pushed back the values of the fairies. I'm trying to create the greatest contrast of values on the larger figure while still keeping a glowing look on the fairies. At least, that's the plan.
To all you Big Jobs out there: I LOVE Terry Pratchett! I discovered him when his first YA novel, Wee Free Men, came to the library as an audio book. I had read an article that picked this book as was one of the top audio performances of the year and believe me, it gives Jim Dale of Harry Potter narrating fame a run for his money. One of the best parts of the book are the Nac Mac Feegles....little blue, tattooed, brownies with red hair and kilts that assist the story's heroine discover her destiny. Imagine my delight when I discovered a fun, time-wasting game involving the little guys on Pratchett's website. I invite one and all to give it a try. Oh, and make sure your sound is on. My highest score is 90. Beat THAT, Jake! And afterwards, go check out one of his books and enjoy. And never forget: "They can tak' oour lives but they cannae tak' oour troousers!" CRIVENS!!

No comments: